Erics Picture a Week Blog

This is my new site for my 2007 Picture a Week project. In 2006 I moved to a photoblog format and feel very comfortable with it. This site allows me to post more than one picture per week. Of course it tells if I don't keep up with the weekly posting. Also included is the archive for my 2005 Picture a Week project.

Name:
Location: City by the Lake, Illinois, United States

Just a regular guy wandering the many paths of life. I'm trying to document part of these travels through my photography and also express my creativity through woodworking and building things.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Week 1- A Fresh Start


Head East was the name of a rock band from central Illinois. They reached their peak sometime in the late seventies, but quickly faded into obscurity.

The New Year brings many things for us, a new calendar , a new start, and sometimes a new direction. Looking back at the past two years of my PAW site has been a small evolution of my photography. While the original purpose of this site was to get Leica camera owners out to use their cameras, the site has evolved into a showcase of different formats and subjects. I have also begun the journey to the darkslide, that of large format photography. Contrary to popular belief, it is not the easier way to photographic nirvana. I have probably blown more shots due to dumb mistakes, both in the field and in the darkroom.

While it is not up to me to judge whether my skills have improved, it has given me a deeper appreciation of the world around me. I now observe the world not only in terms of whats there, but also how everything interacts with each other.
Copyright E. Mac 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home